Open Mind, Open World: Improving Intercultural Interactions
Successfully interacting with global colleagues and customers begins with a mindset that people mean well in their actions to others.
Being open to learning about why and how others react and respond in certain situations will go a long way toward improving relationships, solving problems and increasing productivity.
In a global economy, cultural misunderstandings can have an immediate negative impact on your business.
Open Mind, Open World provides a solid foundation for identifying and understanding basic cultural values and behaviors.
Key Training Points
- Identify cultural tendencies that impact our interactions and effectiveness with global colleagues.
- Identify and respond to situations involving intercultural dynamics.
- Distinguish between effective and ineffective intercultural communication.
- Use global awareness and the O.P.E.N.* process to improve communication and productivity.
*The O.P.E.N. model involves four basic steps:
- O: observe the behavior
- P: prepare a response
- E: engage in communication
- N: notice the results
- Producer: Sollah Interactive
- Product type: DVD
- Running time: 32 min
- Available languages: English
Digital Streaming License Available for Online Delivery. Click here for more information.
Industry or Organization Discounts
Choose discount if purchasing from an educational, government, or non-profit organization.