Human Resources Training Products
Anyone Can Be An Ally with Brian McNaught
When gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people don't feel safe and valued at work, productivity goes down. Organizations fail in their efforts to attract and retain the best and brightest talent.
While many organizations have created clear policies on the issues, in order for the climate to change, LGBT people need allies to speak up.
Considered the expert in this field, best selling author, speaker and consultant, Brian McNaught has helped people and organizations around the world speak up for an LGBT inclusive workplace. He has led workshops and training sessions for organizations including, AT&T, Merck, Citigroup, Hewlett-Packard, DuPont, the NSA, and many other corporations, government agencies, and hundreds of colleges and universities. Brian has been interviewed on CNN, NPR and by scores of other newspaper, radio and television shows.
Extra features include: the six questions Brian gets asked most, a behind-the-scenes conversation with Brian, an exercise to learn what it would be like to be straight in a gay world, and "Tom's Story".
Key Training Points:
- Understand which behaviors are considered welcoming and which ones are considered unwelcoming; create a workplace in which everyone feels welcome
- Practice skills in stepping forward to make colleagues feel as if they want to give 100% of themselves to the job
- Put a face on the issues that confront lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in the workplace
- Recognize the important role of allies
- Learn what to say (what words to use) and when
Product type: DVD
Video length: 14 Minutes
Available languages: English, Spanish