Human Resources Training Products
The Right Words at the Right Time
For front-line employees, having the exact words handy in a tense situation can make all the difference. When it comes to customer service recovery in the public sector, it is what you say, as well as how you say it.
Produced specifically for public employees, this practical training will empower your staff with a clear and memorable checklist of service recovery tools and techniques. It demonstrates how to turn a citizen/customer's frustration or complaint into understanding.
From showing empathy and truly listening, to exploring 'with permission' phrases and presenting options, employees will learn how to match the signals they send to the words they say.
A wide variety of realistic public sector scenes demonstrate the use of The Right Words at the Right Time to over-come almost any service recovery challenge. Situations covered include:
- A caller threatens a lawsuit.
- A citizen claims race is a factor in his application denial.
- A business owner is upset that her permit is denied.
- A veteran is offended by a scheduling delay.
- A citizen claims he was next in a service line.
- A customer makes unwanted advances with a personal gift.
- An applicant won't end her cell phone conversation.
Also available: Customer Service Recovery for Healthcare.
Key Training Points:
Employees will learn how to use the right words to send the 3 signals:
- "I care"
- "I understand"
- "You can trust me to take care of this"
Product type: DVD
Video length: 14 Minutes
Available languages: English