Human Resources Training Products
Chilean Mine Rescue: The Unstoppable Team
On August 5, 2010 a 121-year-old copper and gold mine in a desolate Chilean desert suffers a cave-in. Three miles from the mine's entrance, and a half-mile beneath the surface, 33 miners vanish.
Hope fades as 17 days of exploratory drilling turn up no sign of life. Then, after penetrating 688 meters, a drill bit emerges with a note taped to the tip: "33 of us are inside the refuge, and all of us are well."
Over the next 42 days, one of the most dramatic rescues in history was accomplished using inspiration, teamwork and the ability to respond to shifting challenges.
While few teams may address such actual life and death matters, the key to their success lies in the same three elements:
- A clearly defined common goal that unites and inspires the participants
- Appropriate skills and resources applied to project needs, along with a diversity of thinking to get the job done
- The ability to respond to the unexpected and turn disaster into triumph
Key Training Points:
- Rally people around a defined common goal by creating a vivid connection to the larger purpose of your task
- Effectively reinforce and communicate the vision to keep your team united and inspired
- Identify and leverage the skills and capabilities of your team members
- Forge partnerships and alliances to expand your capabilities
- Stay open to new ideas, emerging leaders, and alternative solutions
Product type: DVD
Video length: 20 Minutes
Available languages: English